The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Advice on production date/model of this '60's Heuer Chro

Thanks, Mark,

Yes, a solemn but welcome introduction to the world of Heuers. Other than the 'label', band, perhaps case finish, are the internals the same in the 7721 as 'labelled' series?

Just out of interest, how much activity will the incabloc system allow (eg golf, tennis on non racquet arm etc). My intent is to wear it (I'm pretty much a desk jockey at work now) with the exception of heavy sports, yard/maintenance work....
Nice to know that there is a Heuer community Down Under. I'll be on the look out for a buckle when one comes up to fit a nice band in due course.

Sorry to bombard the forum with questions, but just a quick one with regard to gaskets in the pushers/crowns in Heuer chronos of this vintage. Typically, are/should they able to be water resistant tested to say 3 atm if they have been replaced/serviced, similar I believe to the Omega Speedy Pro? I'm not swimming with it, but more concerned with splashes (hand washing, walking in rain etc.)

cheers, Brad

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE