The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Happy holidays...and few questions!!!

Dear all:

I first want to wish everybody happy holidays and all the best for a 2010 full of good health and a great Heuer haunting!
Here in Omaha, NE we are having Christmas blizzards, food and drinks are flowing, so no better time to stay indoors and ask questions to the Heuer experts of this fantastic community.

Lately we have seen an increasing interest in our discussions for gold beauties, thanks to the wonderful gold Carreras that Abel, Gianvittorio, and recently, Jeff have been sharing with us. Jeff has also posted a brand new page about these guys on OTD. As a fellow collector, I wonder: what do these models share with Heuer of the early 70’s, and its association with car racing, Steve ‘King of cool’, Formula One, and so on? What was Heuer marketing strategy behind the ’72 catalog when it offered the classic, sporty, bulky, metallic, colorful, gorgeous chronographs, and in the same pages, some of them in shiny, flashy, classy gold versions that IMHO would not have been Mr. McQueen first choice? And finally, will I ever be accepted in the Heuer Olympus if I do not own one of those?

I understand that scarcity and value do not always go together, but I expect Jeff’s ‘new guy’ to be worth more than some NOS holy grails. Therefore, what would you spend your fat Christmas bonus on? It sounds like armchair philosophy, but it will help me going thru the snow storms of the Midwest…

Many thanks for making me a better and more demanding Heuer collector day by day, since 2004.

Francesco

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE