The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Two Follow-Up Questions, Arno

Arno:

Two quick follow-up questions for you, Arno.

• What style clasp have you seen on these bracelets? Is it the same style as mine, but without the "Heuer" mark?
  • How many of these bracelets have you seen or heard of, in total? I have heard of a collector in Europe who has two or three on bracelets, put away; I know of someone over here in the US, who has a NOS set put away, and may be interested in selling. How many "survivors" do you estimate in these bracelets?
I thought that Mr. Heuer's comment about this bracelet being more "California style" was very interesting. [My 1158 came from California, of course!!] Even though it was California styling, and sourced through the US branch, Heuer seemed to have liked it enough to show it in all the catalogs, in all the other countries.

Jeff

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: Jeff, it is interesting that the 18 K Carreras with bracelet
: in Europe have a different clasp without the Heuer logo, yours
: seems pretty unique.
: Jack W. Heuer said during the last meeting in Switzerland that he
: is emotionally very attached to the 18 K Carrera and gave it to
: each F1 Ferrari Driver during the sponsering period between 1971
: and 1979. Ronny Peterson was also a Heuer ambassador and wore a
: Carrera 18 K during the 70is.

: Cheers

: Arno

: www.heuerchronographs.com

:
:

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE