The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Two Follow-Up Questions, Arno
In Response To: Two Follow-Up Questions, Arno ()

Jeff, there are not more than a handfull I know in Europe and these are all unfortunately not for sale.
Jack Heuer told me he bought two Carreras and gave it to his sons as a present, as he did to the F1 drivers.
The clasp has a similar style/design as the Monaco/ Silverstone bracelets clasp, I will make some photos next time I see one of these in metal.
Joram Scheer of Bachmann and Scher in Munich offered me a nos set for sale about a year ago and a friend of mine purchased it.
I especially like the Heuer signed clasp extension design on your watch, does the other California nos Carrera have the same ?
Clay Regazzoni is dead, Niki Laudas watch was stolen, does Mario Andretti still have one ?
Carlos Reutemann must have one, does somebody have contact ?

Cheers

Arno

www.heuerchronographs.com

: Arno:

: Two quick follow-up questions for you, Arno. What style clasp have
: you seen on these bracelets? Is it the same style as mine, but
: without the "Heuer" mark? How many of these bracelets
: have you seen or heard of, in total? I have heard of a collector
: in Europe who has two or three on bracelets, put away; I know of
: someone over here in the US, who has a NOS set put away, and may
: be interested in selling. How many "survivors" do you
: estimate in these bracelets? I thought that Mr. Heuer's comment
: about this bracelet being more "California style" was
: very interesting. [My 1158 came from California, of course!!]
: Even though it was California styling, and sourced through the
: US branch, Heuer seemed to have liked it enough to show it in
: all the catalogs, in all the other countries.

: Jeff

: ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

:

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE