The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Two Problems as Buyer / Never Tried as Seller

In the six or eight years since PayPal has been popular, I have had exactly two major problems with eBay transactions, as follows:
  1. I purchased a Heuer AMI chronograph from seller, in Chile, for approximately $2,500; paid by PayPal, funded through American Express; I received a flat, empty cardboard envelope, sent via "Certified Mail"; I charged it back through American Express, and received the credit back to my account, with no hassle at all.

2. I purchased a Rally Master pair from a Seller in Germany, and it was a complete wreck . . . neither timepiece would run at all . . . of course, it had been described as "perfect, near mint", etc.; paid by PayPal, funded through American Express; I charged it back through American Express, and received the credit back to my account, immediately; then returned the garbage timepieces to the seller.
American Express is an expensive credit card, with a 4% discount charge to merchants . . . when you need to do a charge-back, a credit card issuer like American Express will be a good ally. Think of 4% of all your credit card expenditures, over many years, and you will realize quickly realize that they will be your advocates in a dispute or charge-off situation.

I have no PayPal "war stories" as a Seller, as I will not accept PayPal from strangers.

Jeff

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: I have used PayPal on Ebay for 350++ transactions both as a seller
: and as a buyer and I have had a problem only once. I will keep
: on using it.

: cheers
: Jarl

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE