The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
its not only about risks but about costs

To be honest I had several, very severe topics with sellers at paypal. not with watches, but 70s stuff in the past. Very severe means I even runned it through police and advocates.

I always ended up with getting my money back, but never ever had support from paypal. never ever.

Think blocking credit cards might be very common in the US. n Germany you need to have a sort of concept to get this through. Only since I can use my AMEX card (paypal is allowing this since some months here, whilst it was accepted for years already at int. paypal destinations) I feel more secure: and every euro I spend I get a flight point too :-)

---------------------

My comment to ebay-paypal is even more into the direction of a monopoly. I apprechiate that the Australian authorities have stopped this and I believe it will happen in Germany also if not even in Europe sooner or later: its just a matter of one person claiming this .

This paypal thing is too expensive in my eyes with to low service. yes its quick, but a bank ransfer now does take you 10 seconds longer in Germany...and I hope its not about 10 seconds....worlds globalization is crazy enough...

ape

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE