The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Payments from Friends / from Strangers

Whereas a vendor who has received wired funds has to do... absolutely nothing in order to defraud the buyer. Just don't send the item. Hell, you don't even need to have the item in the first place.

I'm just trying to point out it can work both ways.

And we're talking as if this problem was rampant. It's really not. From personal experience of over 650 transactions bought and sold in 9 years, the only one I have had a problem with was one where I paid by bank transfer. I just wrote the funds off in the end, was just too difficult to get them back. Anecdotally from other forum members it seems not to be a problem. eBay's profits are down of late, yes, but there is still an astounding number of transactions going through. Would that be the case if there was an epidemic of charge backs from credit cards? I doubt it.

In the end, it's each to their own and use whatever payment method provides you an acceptable risk. I'm happy with PayPal. Your mileage may vary.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE