The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Soccer / Football: Jeff THATS CRUEL...the game was sh...

Pretty comfortable win for Germany too, first team I've really been impressed by this World Cup. Cahill's sending off was harsh and made it more comfortable, but it was probably won by then anyway.

German's consistency is always admirable - at least the quarters in seven World Cups running? England didn't even qualify for all of those.

I like the way, even when the team's not full of stars, they demonstrate how effective playing as a team can be. It's a style England could emulate, it would suit our style of play well, but is something we never quite seem to grasp. Maybe Capello's tactic of not telling the players who will be playing together until 2 hours before the game doesn't help.

Going overseas for the last two England managers has worked, but I wonder if the FA would have been better off going to a different country for a manager - when Otto Rehhagel can lead even Greece to a European Championship, you wonder what a German manager might have done with England. Though it wouldn't go down too well with parts of the fanbase perhaps! And as Triesman recently demonstrated, it is traditional to populate the higher levels of our FA with blundering imbeciles, so perhaps we shouldn't expect any sensible decisions from that quarter...

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE