The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
1974-- WC on Short Wave Radio Only in the US!

Speaking of consumption, the contemporary HDTV razzle dazzle package brings back memories of having to listen to the Germany-Holland final on SHORT WAVE RADIO in German. My Dad and I sat on the back deck and the reception would fade in and out.

Contrary to what Jeff says (I bow to you on all things watches, but not soccer :)), there was a pretty active soccer scene in a lot of towns on both coasts in the 70s, but absolutely no commercial recognition until Steve Warner turned the Cosmos into a marketing showcase.

While I like seeing the games in hi-def, the World Cup was a whole lot more fun when the only outlet was Spanish Television and you had to endure about a billion Tecate commercials before the game.

In my opinion this has been about the most tedious start to a tournament in my memory (spanning to 78, when the games were on pay TV)

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE