The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
To be PVD or not be PVD, that is the question... *PIC*

Monaco PVD's are hot right now, and here is another one that's popped up, several people have emailed me about it thinking it to be all correct and i thought it was worth highlighting...

http://www.chrono24.com/en/search/index.htm?showid=1597573&dosearch=1&searchexplain=1&SEARCH_ADTYPE_ID=U&SEARCH_BRAND_ID=279&SORTORDER=5&numresults=148

So is it an original dial? The case looks to be original, the hands too but the original heuer dial is different from the rest of the Monaco line-up in the way the sub register numbers sit. The original dial has the middle set of numbers sitting wider apart than the numbers to the left and right. Therefore the 30 and 15 and the 12 and 6 should be "raised" from the rest.

See here for comparison...
www.heuermonaco.co.uk/#/focus-74033n-pvd/4537123058

I guess with this one on Chrono24, although it is a good looking example, its either a layout we have never seen before or it is a redial (albeit a good one), i'd love to see a hi-res close up, as the way to be 100% sure is to look at the script on the "Heuer" badge, Monaco and the sub register markers.

I suspect that with a POA the price might well be on the high side, i'd be careful with this one and do some major due diligence before contemplating a purchase, i'm farily sure its a case of "close but no cigar"...

Thoughts from the forum?

Rich
www.heuermonaco.co.uk

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE