The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Warning

Hi Sandra

Great shots of the 844/4. Part of my message was missing however Photobucket is another FREE picture hosting site. Here is the link: http://photobucket.com/
When you have the images uploaded you select one or more and generate the IMG code (at the bottom of the page). Then copy and paste it into the body of the text. I am new to flicker so not sure if the same can be done from there.

This was the rest of my message from an earlier post:

Finally, I have concluded that the 844/4 diver on ebay is the same watch as that sold on German ebay in March this year. So, counting yours that makes 3 know examples that I have seen. If anyone is considering buying this watch I would ask the seller for a better picture of the bezel. It is referred to as having "slight wear and dents" but they have gone to great effort to photograph the watch without illustrating these dents. When it was listed in March that seller made potential buyers fully aware of the dents and they certainly spoil the watch or rather render the bezel unsightly to say the least. They are located at the 35 minute mark and just before the 40. Very hard to spot on the current pictures but they are there. Also a good exercise in due diligence when considering buying a watch from photographs especially contrived ones.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE