The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: So, who bagged the unusual 844 and the Big Ben diver

: Did they end up 'in the family' ?

THE 844/4 is going to Singapore...
The buyer already has a nice collection of Heuers!

To reply to some of the statements made with reference to my 844

I bought it on Austrian Ebay, not German in march.
It was in horrible condition, espec. the movement. Had it cleaned and replaced a lot of parts even the crown with another non signed one...

It had indeed 2 dents at 35-45 bezel. As my watchmaker is a real artist he was able to restore the bezel. It's still a bit noticable but much better then before.

It also had a real tropic strap. I had to buy 2 fakes before i had a real one ;-)

Knowing that this watch is quiet unique, it would have been better if i had kept it and relumed dial and hands. Maybe even a redial. Too late dough...

Regards
Johan

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE