The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Plaza Jewelers: can't wait..& Monty P.

Thanks Jeff, can't wait to go there! Sounds like great fun bargaining with the guy. Reading your story I had to think of Monty Python's Life of Brian ( market bargaining scene where it was impossible to buy without bargaining, either downward or upward ..haha).
I have the CD, so I will see it just before leaving and practice a bit. As a Dutchmen we have some bargaining skills so let's see.
My approach is to go there with trade watches, look whether he has them as well for sale and check the asking price before showing mine's. From there on start bargaining. Takes a bit of luck of course
Have a couple of Universal Geneve and Blancpain Fifty Fathoms that I have to trade.

NY will be a success in any case. Black+ White Carrera Dato waiting which I bought from an OTD'er two months ago. My sister kep it meanwhile saving 19% Dutch import tax.

Thanks buddy!

Ron

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE