The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
a foe, I fear
In Response To: Autavia: friend or foe? ()

I can't recognize any elements of this watch as being genuine from Heuer, with the possible exception of the dial. Case, hands, needles and bezel all look strange, non-Heuer-like to me. I'm not sure where these pieces are from, but I doubt that there is any Heuer content to them.

Sorry to have this assessment, but I do try to call them like I see them.

Jeff

+++++++++++++++++++++

: I picked up this Autavia today in a downtown antiques shop. But
: it's a strange one. I'll post daylight (and movement) pictures
: tomorrow.
: It looks good but is it? Minute scratches only. Caseback unmarked,
: perfect machining. Smooth crown and pushers.

: The dial is charcoal with grey registers and orange markers. Looks
: like the IDF military pictured here
:
: http://www.onthedash.com/Guide/_Chronographs/62.Autavia/i.Manual--Later_Style/72.Reference_73363/72.Reference_73363_(Mil)/

: But the hands are weird.. the RED second hand looks like the 7763MH
: in Arno's book (p41). Nor can I "place" the bezel

:
:
:
:

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE