The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: a friend, I hope
In Response To: a foe, I fear ()

: I can't recognize any elements of this watch as being genuine
: from Heuer, with the possible exception of the dial. Case,
: hands, needles and bezel all look strange, non-Heuer-like to me.
: I'm not sure where these pieces are from, but I doubt that there
: is any Heuer content to them.

: Sorry to have this assessment, but I do try to call them like I see
: them.

Not so fast Jeff. You've seen a few more Heuers then I have, but i won't let it be dismissed that easily.
it could well be some prototype and you MAY classify it as a "mystery", but I have problems accepting
your offhand dismissal.

I've contacted the seller, who run's a reputable family business in Amsterdam's main antiques street.
Had his son on the phone this morning: the watch comes from an estate which also contained a perfect 74033B.
He'll ask his father and they will contact the source's family to find out more. He he is genuinely horrified about
any suggestions/claims or (shadows of) doubts.

IMHO:
The bezel is the big unknown... on the pic you may recognize remnants of "blue factory film"
The movement is mint... you call the shots on the stampings on the bridge and inside case.

BUT:
The dial and case resemble the 77363 MH Mil posted as reference.

The hands are not the nicest set I've seen... BUT look at the "Champion":

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE