The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Survey Topic: Discussion Forums and Other Social Media

Jeff

•What discussion forums do you visit regularly?

OTD every single day, no others as regularly.

•In terms of the messages that are posted, what aspects of your regular discussion forums do you like and what bothers you about them? Do you particularly like chit chat, information only, photo displays, showing off watches, off-topic discussions, or all of the above?

I like the mix as it stands, everyone has their own agenda, but that's fine, it's the mix that makes it, but i love most reading the posts of the "experts" which i feel almost all sites lack...i want to learn and only by reading what you and Mark and Paul etc have to say about watches where my knowledge is "sketchy" at best does that happen. But i also like the wrist shots and the like...so in answer i like the mix

•Which discussion forums that you visit are "in" (getting more of your attention) and which ones are "out" (don't visit as often as you used to)?

This is the only one i visit...

•Which social media do you use, relating to collecting vintage watches? Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin, or others?

I dislike FBook and much of what it stands for, Twitter for specific uses is fine but i do not follow it, there is too much "white noise" and i use Linkedin for work.

•Which of these social media are "in" (getting more of your attention) and which ones are "out" (don't use them as often as you used to)?

None of them get much attention, i too am old school, i prefer the phone, email or even dare i say it F2F! I also prefer drinking beer/tequila/wine than having it sent to me in pictorial form!

•Which are you favorite blogs, on the subject of vintage watches?

Apart from OTD i love DC's Calibre11 (only a small amount of vintage but i do enjoy seeing what's new on modern re-edition Monacos), i also look in to Andy O's blog because of his love of the Monaco, i know sooner or later there will be something i will want to see!

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE