The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Makes the world of difference!
In Response To: Makes the world of difference! ()

Thanks Mark, I'm very pleased with the how it turned out and its a pleasure to know that our resident Carrera expert approves;) When I saw it on ebay I knew that it had potential, I was just worried that it would have other hidden problems. As it turns out it doesn’t, so its been a breeze getting her back in shape.

Seeing the photos again and you pointing out the lume, I can see it better now. I think that you're right that it is better when all the lume is gone vs half on, half off. Staying on the lume subject, I will eventually redo the hands. I just like to take one step at a time.

With the pvd I did have to rough up the finish and to sharpen up the lines on the case a little. Otherwise it would have looked like a melted blob.

The caseback from the photos appears to the standard Heuer brushed finish. Mine has been blasted or etched or something, I don’t know what. Anyway, there are is a ref number on the caseback but I’m not sure if it is something Heuer put there or if it was a later addition by someone else. I can return it to the factory style brushed, but I will lose the ref number on the caseback if I do. If it is a factory mark then I will leave it alone. Otherwise if it is something that was added later that I will just do the brushed finish.

Thanks,

Eddie

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE