The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Tool watch Challenge.. L5100

So, it seems there is a lot of healthy discussion around tool watches on here, which is great.

My first nomination is the Spiro (see below), and Jeffs is the L5100 AMI.. so I have been think long and hard about my next.
I'm drawn to the L1500 watches, for obvious reasons, and it's fantastic to see a big ol' thread on them above.

The AMI - I am very tempted to make this my 2nd nomination, I have one on my wrist ask I type, and it is without doubt a king of tool watches. But.. as Jeff has already covered that base, I'm going to go for another L5100. Readers of this forum will know that I recently picked up a Carrera PVD L5100, and I am inclined to put that one forward, but I think that may be 'new watch syndrome', so I'm going to go for the 510.500 all stainless steel. In my eyes a beautiful watch.. http://www.calibre11.com/heuer-510-500/

It has some class about it, with the polished sections.. it is big, elegant, yet tough, clear, and offset with the classic orange highlights.. just fantastic.

Image from Cal11..

Stewart

: One could argue that most Heuers are tool watches.. but.. some are
: more tool than others..

: So.. forget your collection as a whole.. you may have as many
: non-tool watches as you like.. BUT..

: If you had to have only 3 tool watches, which would they be??
: Think long and hard.. it's not as easy as you think.. You are
: allowed 1 non-Heuer ;0)

: Cheers
: Stewart

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE