The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: unusual Heuer chrono?
In Response To: Re: unusual Heuer chrono? ()

Hi thanks for the help, i didnt pay much for it, and my dealer said he`d pay me back if it was not kosha so to speak.

However, i would like to take advantage of your expertise and check a few things out-i have also mailed Heuer UK to see what they have to say.

Ok, with my experience of fakes, you always find the model signed, and as much in the way of markings as possible, hence a `fake` for example if fake rolexes were offered with nothing but `rolex` on them, no signed movement, no model name etc they would be ignored immediately or fetch very little money, no? a typical datejust fake however, would cost you God knows maybe 400 euros if swiss, and may even be used to con some unfortunate collector or amateur.

were Heuer worth faking at that time? let me know, I am an omega fan, this is my first tag.

I have seen several identical for sale as real, one here in Italy for 1,300 euros, identical to mine, and another which i cannot confirm as being for sale is on a forum where a guy says his father, a well to do American, bought it brand new back in the day, from a Heuer shop, all original. However, he bought it abroad from what I remember. could it be an odd French or Italian model?

I fear this model is real, and we are ignoring it........but i dearly value your opinions as you know a lot more than me about tags and probably about watches too!

thanks again

Zac

: Hi Zac.

: We have discussed this watch, or a similar one before :
: http://www.chronocentric.com/forums/heuer/index.cgi?page=46;md=read;id=39327

: After some back and forth, I addressed the issues I saw with it as
: being an original Heuer in depth:
: http://www.chronocentric.com/forums/heuer/index.cgi?page=46;md=read;id=39407

: Hope those help!

: Mark

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE