The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
That watch is a 1589 F
In Response To: Re: unusual Heuer chrono? ()

Not an H28. We know about those, they appear in the catalogues. Here's one, albeit a 1589 B with white dial in a 1979 catalogue:

And that's the thing, we have pretty good documentary evidence throughout the 70s in respect of brochures and price lists. That decade is probably the one we are most confident on in all of Heuer's history.

So when we encounter a watch we haven't seen, we look for precedent in all the elements of the watch. Which is what I did in that post I linked earlier.

http://www.chronocentric.com/forums/heuer/index.cgi?page=46;md=read;id=39407

And it came up short on pretty much every front.

And even those French models aren't above reproach; all the components were available to buy easily a few years back and a good few watches were assembled after the event. So all Heuer components, but put together by someone other than Heuer or their contracted partners long after the original watches were made.

I'd really like to see the watch being discussed in a catalogue or price list before I could be convinced, there is so much about it that feels a bit off.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE