The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
EWD import code

: I am surprise no one has suggested this is a fake, the bridge is
: engraved, and very strangely, the export code is not
: Heuer/Leonidas and Heuer did not use that Landeron movement to
: my knowledge? I don't need to see the dial side.

Yes, we are perhaps more used to seeing the EWD code on Ed. Heuer marked watches.

BUT! It's worth noting that EWD is not an export code, but rather a US import code and, if the importing entity remains the same whilst the parent company undergoes changes, then so does the code. It's why Vacheron-Constantin and LeCoultre watches in the US had the same code - the importer (Longines-Wittnauer) was the same in both cases. And why Heuer-produced A&F watches have an AXF code - the importer for them was Abercrombie & Fitch rather than Heuer itself.

The EWD mark is on several of the Dato 45 Landeron movements we have seen - others are blank. The reason? Simply because those watches were not intended for import to the US.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE