The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: A barrel style cased Carrera never seen before

Hello Abel,

I sincerely appreciate the opinions of the Master of Heuer Surfaces.

: As already pointed out here...I also think case is blasted, I
: presume with Aluminiumoxide 400 or something in that
: neighborhood. Quite a rough finish and ideal surface prior to
: coating.

Yes, this seems to get the consensus.

I include some close-up pictures and would like to get your further ideas about the treatment this case might have got.

I was attracted by the special dim appearance, but also by the traces of usage. Though, we would never accept similar scratches on a black surface.

I will keep my cheapest Heuer untouched, only a professional cleaning might be appropriate.

Cheers,

Mick

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE