The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
It's merely a marksmanship badge.
In Response To: Re: Ebay/ Snipping ()

: Thanks Guys;
: I will check them out at todays prices you need
: all the help you can get on good vintage
: watches we like.

: Chuck I love you posts and want to read the
: darn ones you put up but how does one access
: them.

I guess I don't understand your question... I posted two URL's (that's Universal Resource Locator) which are web addresses to my previous posts... Copy each one of them individually open a new browser window and paste the http:// part into the address field and hit the return key.
It's not difficult.

: I try and but to no avale. and dying
: to know what the shooter stuff has to do
: with it in your eyes.

We were talking about Sniping... The image I posted was a Sharpshooting badge from the U.S. military. The term Sniping typically is considered a rifle marksmanship skill. So I posted a rifle marksmanship badge.

: in my eyes, Guns are
: some what like watchs the mechanical thing
: about them. As a watchmaker I have set up
: some hand guns for a few folks for
: competing. I loved to get the springs and
: trigers, polishing Auto rails etc. just how
: thay like em. But in the last 20years It has
: gotton so bad out here in Calif. its just to
: much trouble to deal with it.

One of the many reasons I don't live in California despite the fact I have many relatives out there.

No, my inclusion of the image was merely a reference to the Sniping/sharpshooting aspect of the slang term, no other overt or covert reference to firearms, just a skill... One shot/bid, one successful mission. In fact I've heard many people use the term "Pulled the trigger" on a watch deal.

: Would love to read the posts
: thanks agian crew
: peteer

If cuting and pasting URL's is too much for you, then I suggest you do a forum search (past 2 years) on "Snipe" and read my posts. That's what I did to find my earlier posts.

-- Chuck

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE