The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
I LOVE the Auction Discussions

Albert:

I LOVE the discussions of the pending auctions and believe that this is one of the most useful and interesting things that we do. A few quick and random thoughts:

• If a seller wants to post about a pending sale, that is fine. If we ever have too many postings, we may need to limit these commerical notices, but that will be a "high class" problem.
  • If a seller tries to "shill" a discussion or plant some favorable comments, good luck to him!! This is a fairly small community, and we will likely spot the bogus information in minutes. [The one time that this actually happened was kind of comical -- a stranger showing up on this forum and suggesting that a 24-hour version of the Super Autavia, then listed on ebay, was worth $3500 and telling us that he had one in his collection appraised at that value. We are still awaiting his photos!!]
  • Bidders or potential bidders are getting excellent information on this Discussion Forum. Sure, it may be tricky if several bidders are reading or even posting on the same forum, but I am confident that our readers will be able to figure out who has an motive and who doesn't.
  • If a seller is being accused of offering a bogus piece, I have sometimes written to the seller and directed him to the discussion. Interestingly, none of these guys have posted any messages.

I appreciate your view, but at this point in the development of this forum, I would say "The more, the better." OnTheDash is non-commercial, but I believe that our discussions of pending auctions are very useful.

Jeff

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE