The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
I see it this way: there are two types of...

...enthusiast here, those who may be interested in bidding on a specific auction and those who are not likely to do so. To keep things simple, let's say we have the 'buyers' and the 'talkers' or the 'lookers'. If you're a 'buyer,' the discussion (of ongoing auctions) only increases the interest level of the particular piece at hand, thus potentially increasing the number of bids and ultimately the final price paid.

If on the other hand, you're just interested in looking at watches and talking about them, whether they're fakes or Franks or what have you, then what difference does it make if the discussion occurs while the auction is ongoing or after it ends? I mean, eBay links work at least 90 days afterwards, right?

There have been a number of posts here regarding the explosion of Heuer prices on eBay, wouldn't it make sense that these discussions may be a factor? And it seems that they don't seem to do anything about keeping the fakes/ Franks off ...if anything, the increase in interest, demand and resulting higher prices is what's bringing them to the marketplace.

Just my .02 worth!
AZ

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE