The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Favorite Sentence of the Description

:
: Description says: "Watch is signed Heuer
: on the dial only, and is signed Aquastar on
: caseback and movement."

: Well, that should tell us something!

: Jeff

I have seen pix of this type of mixed Heuer Aquastar before. I have sent some self explanatory pictures to you and S.Craig to post if you want to. See following explanation.
David

Regarding Heuer Yacht Timer Chronographs, here is a basic summary.

Skipper: Much info is in catalogs from 1972 to 1986. These were numbered 15640 automatic and 73464 manual. All the catalog pics are of the automatic with cal.15 mvt. (crown on the left,2 buttons on right). I have found two pictures of manual Skippers which have the crown and 2 buttons on the right with Valjoux 7730 mvt. listed. All have a lozenge shape case except for one manual that has a 60s Carrera like case.

Regatta: The only Heuer reference I know of is the 1985/86 catalog which has two models, Regatta 134.60x and Stylish regatta. 134.50x. Both have the 5 colored disk countdown dials. Both are made by Aquastar (go to http://www.aquastar.ch and click on collections) and are named Regate Newport and Regate Olympique respectively. The crown and one button are on the right, the mvt. is Lemania cal.1345. An earlier 1960s Aquastar model was marketed as a Heuer having both Aquastar Regate and the Heuer logo on the dial. This watch was a 5 disk countdown with a Felsa mvt. and Aquastar signed back.

From A reply to the above

Just a few of extra Skippers to add to David's pretty comprehensive
description. The Carrera cased Skipper was ref: 7754 and was replaced by the pressure fit autavia cased version, case ref: 7764. Both used Valjoux's 7730 movement. This in turn was replaced by the ref: 73464, same 7730 movement but in a 70s plexi glass autavia case.

Heuer then added an automatic version ref:1564 with cal15 movement, this in turn was replaced by the ref:15640, same movement but housed in the heavier mineral glass Autavia case. The final version still had the 15640 model reference but was in the even heavier version of the mineral glass Autavia case and (I beleive) had a case reference 15064.

There was also a Skipper version of the Leonidas Easy Rider, sorry don't know the case ref. for that.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE