The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Corrrect and only strange to those who don't know
In Response To: Strange Heuer??? ()

Hello again, I'm back to unguard my mouth. I am constantly amazed at how little most of the individual on the forum know about Heuers. I have one of these Heuer/Aquastar Regate (the name used by Aquastar) listed on eBay also but I believe mine is older than the one in the listing that you have referenced as being strange. I have owned mine for over 10 years and it was purchased from someone locally. I live close to Lake Guntersville where yacht racing is a major sport and pastime for the rich folks from Birmingham and Huntsville. If anyone would check the Aquastar website (http://www.aquastar.ch/history.html) you might discover that Aquastar invented the Regatta (Heuer's Model name) in the 1960's and prefected it in the 1970's. As I have stated in my eBay listing I am not exactly sure of the relationship between Aquastar and Heuer, be it finanical, name recognition, manufacturing capabilities or marketing, but there existed a relationship. Heuer didn't invent the Regatta and had to pay Aquastar for using their invention. The watch in this auction is correct and rare. I will send Jeff one pictures of four different Heuer Regatta. Two of them are exactly like the Aquastar Regate Newport and Regate Olympique being manufactured today by Aquastar. By the way I have no interest in this auction and I cannot vouch for the seller as I have never done business with him. I think it is great to point out fakes (aka strange some stranger than most) but it should be from someone who know what they are taking about. I have had Jeff Stein on more than one occassion ask me if a Heuer was a fake and vice-versa. I am not the complete Heuer expert as some may claim to be and I never call anything a fake (aka strange) unless I am 100% sure. I am alot like Davy Crockett who said, "Make sure that you are right and then go ahead and do it". Well I am right about this one it is not a fake. Now if I have offended anyone please forgive me as that is not my intentions and I apologise. God Bless you all. Charles.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE