The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Question -- How Many Original Skipperreras?

Ahoy chaps,

maybe I should say my 2 cents.

I know relative sure 20 pieces, including the ones from Tag Heuer Museum and in private hands. 2-4 unsure ones I found somewhere in the web or I heard from only without proof picture too.

And - we know 2 with MEISTER on dial and 2 with fab.suisse. For sure Meister and for France were not only 2 produced, lets say 10-25 each minimum.

Skipper are real tool watches, used on the water, rough weather conditions are normal. So there were many gone - rust, fall into see or just gone in a drawer of a boat garage.

As Jack Heuer said to me - they made "from time to time 50 pieces in a batch. So lets say there were 150-250 7754 Skipper minimum produced, thats a minimum of 3-5 batches of 50 pieces. And we remember all just for a short time, 1 year production time max.

Just my piece for the puzzle. Maybe it helps.

Cheers,
Henrik

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE