The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
However, what this illustrates to me is...
In Response To: cool features, but..... ()

cool features, but..... Posted By: jhb Date: 6/10/05 04:13 GMT

In Response To: This is a watch TAG-Heuer should make... *LINK* (Chicagoland Chuck Maddox)

somehow all the fine details that the camaros possessed are lost on this one.

Uh... Yeah...

what i'm saying is....it does have some similar looks to it, but it just doesn't do it for me personally. there are too many details i don't care for on this (the rock)....... like the hands, the big panerai style numerals, the screwdown pushers, and a few other things.

I understand you point and while I don't feel my tastes are necessarily in sync with yours I agree with you on many of your points.

Let me explain...

This R*X*W is essentially a follow on to their previous MM20... A watch that I own an example of:

When you consider the previous R*X*W model (above), you understand this model's heritage.

Certainly the case shape, the hands, the Tachy Bezel, pushers, numerals are divergent from a 1960's Camero. Because they were shooting for a Panerai-like model.

now if tag was to make a camaro reissue in the same ideal as the lemania 1873 carreras...i mean a very close reissue to the camaro shape and design elements...i would surely think very hard about adding one to my own meager collection. if they really wanted to get me to buy one...if they threw in the cal 36...well i might even be first in line to add one.

My point in posting was to show that in the R*X*W we have a watch that is not terrible divergent from the Camaro in terms of size, shape and looks. Yes, lots of detail differences (like how the new/current Carrera 7750 is different from the Vintage Pasadena), but consider this... We know that a quality built cushion/rounded Square case can be manufactured, a Valjoux 7750 Tri-Compax layout movement placed within, and be sold for under $1000 before shipping and be profitable.
Just as my traditional RX for TAG-Heuer has been to revive the Pasadena SS/Black Dial, put it on a Oyster-styled fliplock bracelet in the "Out the door" price range of "$999-1299", I could see TAG-Heuer producing a "Classic Camaro" with a case/dial/bezel similar to the vintage Camaro, using a Tri-Compax 7750 and selling it in the $1000~1799 "Out the door" price range.

Could you?

What this illustrates to me that this scenario is feasible. Not only that, it's also likely that it's feasable to offer a Carrera based on the Tri-Compax 7750 (perhaps in rotor automatic and non-rotor manual wind versions) instead of the ETA/DD movement for the same amount of money. Personally, I'd rather have a 7750 movement than a piggy-back chronograph movement. But that's just my tastes.

thanks for sharing.

j.h.

Thanks for reading and respondin'! =)

-- Chuck

Chuck Maddox

Chronographs, like most finer things in life, only improve with time...
Watch Article Index: http://www.xnet.com/~cmaddox/cm3articles.html,
Watch Links Page: http://www.xnet.com/~cmaddox/watch.html,
Watch Blog: http://chuckmaddoxwatch.blogspot.com/.

Non-Pasadena Pasadena Stainless 7750

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE