The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: In fact they painted over Heuer dials with Zodiac

Wow, that is amazing. Well, this just got a lot more interesting for me. I'm definitely going to be on the lookout for one of the Zodiac "Carreras". I've been into watches for over 20 years now, and made some good decisions (Omega Speedmaster Professional LNIB for $400 in 1994) and some pretty awful ones, like selling a Rolex Daytona for $3700 AND putting some extra money down for a newly (at the time) released Breitling Crosswind in 1996. But I think these Heuer-built Zodiacs are great value for what you get when I compare them to many other vintage pieces out there.

: On the dial of a Zodiac “Carrera” of mine, Heuer Carrera is
: actually painted over and then printed with Zodiac. I had it
: apart to do a little bit of work and noticed it. It’s a little
: hard to see in the photo but in person it is obvious. When the
: watch is back together it’s almost impossible to see.

: Maybe its been pointed out before but I thought it was interesting.

:
:

: Eddie

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE