The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Enjoy the watch if you can....(long)
In Response To: Re: Your advice needed (long) ()

I tend to agree that you should just wear the watch and enjoy it if that is possible. Try it for a few days and make sure it runs like a COSC chronometer is supposed to. If it runs great, you'll love the watch and won't care what color the box is. Are you going to wear the box or even look at in a year? My grey market, blue bezel Omega Bond came in a red box but was missing the red dot on the back of the watch. If Ashford, in my case, opened up my watch and didn't reseal it correctly, I problably would never know, since I don't intend to dive to 1000 feet with it. So far, in the swimming pool it is just fine.

Moreover, my watch keeps perfect time. Had I sent mine back because it was opened and then bought an authorized dealer watch, would it be likely to run just as well? Chances are, since many watches need some reregulation anyway, the case would then be opened anyway. Furthermore, authorized dealers, won't give you your money back after 30 days either. If you get a lemon you are just stuck with them trying to fix it.

As far as the serial number is concerned, ask Authenticwatches. They have the number on record. Only in the case where it was a 60-----number, would I consider returning the watch. In that event you might be concerned that the watch sat around on the shelf so long that lubricants might have dried out.

While I would encourage you to try to enjoy your new watch, that my not be possible if your mind has been soured by other comments here. I doubt that if you want to return the watch, Authenticwatches, will give you a hassel. They don't have a single negative comment on Ebay and probably don't want to have yours be their first. Since they didn't warn you that your watch may have been opened by them for whatever reason, I think you are entitled to request a full refund, should you want it. Their stance may be that since they stand behind their watch with a 3 year warranty, you needn't worry about their opening the watch case to inspect the movement. If you do return it, accept my apology for referring you to this item on ebay. I only did so because I hoped you would be as happy with your watch as I have been with mine.

: In my opinion, wear it and see if it runs well
: for several days. Check time against
: www.time.gov. If all is well, keep and
: enjoy. Assuming you own the watch for many
: years, you are going to get the watch opened
: up eventually anyway.

: If it does not run well, send back to seller.

: It appears that this particular model was what
: you wanted so that is why I suggest what I
: do.

: Good luck!
: MMC

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE