The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

A lesson learned...
In Response To: Re: Important info... ()

: have written you about this company in the
: past - requesting the company be added to
: your warning list - but I believe the
: response was my opinion was just that, an
: opinion without merit, therefore just
: slander.

No. What I said was that the "Consumer Alert" on this site was intended for reporting only dealers that had confusing or questionable POLICIES and PRACTICES. This issue of reporting COMPLAINTS against certain sellers is something different--something that I have avoided because I have no way to validate the numerous individual complaints and gripes that people would submit to me.

: I come to this wonderful site for advice,
: and how I wish I had read something about
: authenticwatches.com prior to my purchase
: that would have saved me money and headache.

I know that Frank S found this dealer through eBay, possibly you did too. My Consumer Alert has a VERY CLEAR warning of caution about buying watches from sellers on eBay. Further, this site has numerous warnings of caution dealing with ANY form of Gray Market sellers. So I don't see where I let anyone down--as you vaguely hinted--by not providing sufficient cautions.

Keep in mind that while I try to help, do not expect me to go to a lot of extra effort to protect people who go AGAINST my advice. My advice has ALWAYS been to buy only from well known dealers of high reputation. And especially do not expect me to police the thousands of cheap-ass dealers where folks might get burned by being too much of a penny-pincher going for the rock bottom price above all else.

Given all the help available on this site (in the articles, in my advice and in the easy forum access to asking other buyers about their purchase experiences) NOBODY HAS AN EXCUSE for not finding a good, solid and possibly even authorized dealer that will give them genuine product backed by good customer service and support for a more than reasonable price.

Those who despite all the pre-purchase assistance available here, still choose to buy from a high-risk source and end up with a deal that goes sour need to be man enough to face the consequences. There is absolutely no basis to fault anyone here for not doing more to save people from the consequences of the risks they choose.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE