The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Decided to keep the watch and take $50 refund.

Hello,

Just wanted to update everyone with my watch purchase and thank everyone for their helpful advice.
After taking the watch to an authorized dealer to check it's authenticity, they adviced me that since I already bought the watch, I should just enjoy it. It was a risk I took when purchasing a discontinued watch from an unauthorized source and other than the missing logo on the crown (think it was scratched off), the watch appears to be in new and perfect working condition. The store even offered to help me get a crown replacement from Omega if it bothers me that much.

So far the watch has been running great. I noticed a loss of 1.5 seconds/day which can be easily offset by placing it with the crown down (+1.5 sec/day) at night. Overall I am pleased with the watch as long as I don't think about the crown.

Now a little on my experience in dealing with the online dealer who I purchased this watch from. Although I purposely avoided mentioning their name in my posts, some of the members had figured out it was authenticwatches.com. So far, they have lived up to their end of the bargain (well, almost). The watch was shipped out on the day of the order via fedex overnight (a plus). The watch came with all the papers and serial number in tact (as described). The watch also appeared to be in new condition without showing any signs of wear. Now, other than the very small details such as the missing red dot and the logo on the crown, I would not have been able to tell this watch from one bought through an authorized dealer. It's a trade off between saving a few hundred dollars or paying more for the peace of mind.

I do have to say that authenticwatches' customer service has been excellent. They returned all my emails within two days and offered to take the watch back for a refund. If I didn't like this watch so much, I probably would've returned it for a refund. But now, I am equally satisfid with the $50 refund and the possible replacement of the crown down the road. Overall, my experience with this online purchase has been an eventful but overall satisfying one. My advice to future buyers would be to expect a little bit of risk. Upon receiving the watch, carefully examine the watch using the guidlines outlined in the owner's guide. And if for any reason you are not completely satisfied with the watch, DON'T WEAR IT, and contact authenticwatches.com who should be happy to exchange a new one with you.

Unfortunately another member's (Stephen) experience with authenticwatches.com had not gone as smoothly as mine. I hope and expect authenticwatches.com to come through and work out a deal with Stephen to his satisfaction.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE