The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Hi Mus, I enclosed my review link again..>>

: Howdy Ron, D,

: I called the fellows at SGUSA this morning, and
: I explained that the strap was not the one I
: was hoping to get.

: After giving them the model number of the strap
: I wanted, he was a bit confused, hadn't
: heard of that one, and put me on hold a
: while to check things out.

If you get an exact model number, please post it.

: Eventually, he said that had a few on order
: from Switzerland, and if I wanted, he would
: take back the strap I received, and mail me
: out the desired one no extra charge. Now
: that is fair!

Omega to the rescue!

: Hey Ron, (I paid USD 147.50) do you find the
: strap fills in the lug space nicely? Is it
: comparable in dimension to the lug spacer of
: the bracelet?

We'll see what the new one costs but mine was $200, that's about $170 before VAT here. I bought it from Omega Israel. Stop laughing guys! I think the rubber strap fills in the lug space even a touch more than the SS band.

: Also, the clasp that I received seemed a heck
: of a lot less comfortable and well-made than
: the one on my bracelet. When it is snapped
: closed, it seems a bit flexy and loose,
: compared to the Bracelet clasp. Also, I
: thought you said there was a seahorse
: embossed on the inside of your clasp. There
: was none on mine.

Don't even try to compare it with the clasp on the SS metal band.
It takes some getting used to as it's also a bit longer than the SS clasp. There is no seahorse on the clasp only on the rubber straps. The clasp has the Omega logo, name, and seamaster proffesional. If you open it up facing you, you'll see inside the Omega logo inside a triangle and name on the left side and 1506/832 stainless steel on the right.
I posted below the link again to refresh your mind.

Asalami,

Ron

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE