The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Re: Omega cards don't match
In Response To: Omega cards don't match ()

: Bought a SMP on July 9, 2007 from an AD in
: Brookfield, WI. (JARED) Should have known
: better than to buy as the salespeople were
: clueless, but this is the only AD in WI for
: Omega, so I did it.

: The first thing I should mention is that the AD
: did not write the date on the warranty card.
: I questioned him on it and he said they
: don't do that and if I ever needed proof of
: purchase, it was in their store computer. I
: see a lot of cards on auctions on ebay that
: have no date written in also, is this
: common?

: The second thing I only noticed TODAY (over 2
: months later) is that the chronometer card
: has the wrong serial number on it. It is not
: the same number as on the watch. I know,
: this is my own fault for being careless, but
: I thought an AD would have had their stuff
: together. I won't make this mistake again.

: I plan on going back to the store by the end of
: the week. What should I demand? If they
: can't find the correct card, what should I
: do? Is it a big enough deal to demand a
: refund (which I know they will not do)or
: exchange (doubt they'll do that either.) Do
: I have any recourse as it is long since I
: bought it? (between 2 and 3 months)
: thank you in advance

You have every right to demand, not ask for, the proper documentation for your watch. If your AD lost it, then they will have to pay out of pocket to get Omega to re-issue you the correct chronometer certificate card. If they give you a hard time and you threaten to contact Omega customer service, I suspect they will quickly change their tune. Omega doesn't want their AD's carelessness to result in an unhappy customer. Tell them that you want to make sure that all serial numbers on the cards match the serial number on the back of the watch's 7 o'clock lug, and that you will not settle for anything less. This is not something that an AD can negotiate with you, as it's an Omega policy to provide you with the proper documentation for your watch.

The blank date on the warranty card is no big deal, since you can write that in yourself using the date on your receipt. Sometimes AD's leave this blank intentionally so that, if the watch breaks shortly after purchase, they can just swap it out for a new one and send the damaged one back to Omega. Once they fill in the date, technically you are supposed to go through warranty repairs yourself (which is a big hassle for you).

As for the box, most Omega distributors do put the proper sticker on the front of the box, but I've seen boxes come through with no sticker on them at all. This isn't really a big deal unless you have a sticker with the wrong model number on it. If so, I would ask for a replacement box with no sticker on it.

Be firm - you paid good money for an expensive Swiss watch, and you are entitled to get all of the proper documentation with your watch.

Good luck,
John

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE