The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

UPDATE
In Response To: Re: Omega cards don't match ()

: You have every right to demand, not ask for,
: the proper documentation for your watch. If
: your AD lost it, then they will have to pay
: out of pocket to get Omega to re-issue you
: the correct chronometer certificate card. If
: they give you a hard time and you threaten
: to contact Omega customer service, I suspect
: they will quickly change their tune. Omega
: doesn't want their AD's carelessness to
: result in an unhappy customer. Tell them
: that you want to make sure that all serial
: numbers on the cards match the serial number
: on the back of the watch's 7 o'clock lug,
: and that you will not settle for anything
: less. This is not something that an AD can
: negotiate with you, as it's an Omega policy
: to provide you with the proper documentation
: for your watch.

: The blank date on the warranty card is no big
: deal, since you can write that in yourself
: using the date on your receipt. Sometimes
: AD's leave this blank intentionally so that,
: if the watch breaks shortly after purchase,
: they can just swap it out for a new one and
: send the damaged one back to Omega. Once
: they fill in the date, technically you are
: supposed to go through warranty repairs
: yourself (which is a big hassle for you).

: As for the box, most Omega distributors do put
: the proper sticker on the front of the box,
: but I've seen boxes come through with no
: sticker on them at all. This isn't really a
: big deal unless you have a sticker with the
: wrong model number on it. If so, I would ask
: for a replacement box with no sticker on it.

: Be firm - you paid good money for an expensive
: Swiss watch, and you are entitled to get all
: of the proper documentation with your watch.

: Good luck,
: John

Thanks, John...very helpful as usual

Well, I went back to the store today, before reading this.

I was greeted by the saleswoman. I gave her the whole story also telling her that I was about to have it appraised for insurance purposes when I noticed the wrong number on the card, etc.and showed her the wrong chrono card and the outer box with ripped off sticker. She went to the manager. The manager sent her back over to tell me the number on the card is really no big deal, it isn't used for anything anyway, as it is not on the warranty card. She also said that they (Jared) could get me the appraisal done, with the cards I had there. I told her this was unacceptable, she was missing the point. I paid for and want a complete, matching set. The manager then came over (with a bit of an attitude) and wrote the serial numbers down and said she would have someone get back to me today after 2, when the "person that deals with Omega's" comes in. When I asked about the torn off sticker on the outer box, she said, "that is a Jared SKU sticker, nothing more. I told her she was mistaken and that the sticker comes from the distributor, it is not an in-house Jared sticker. She then just walked away and said someone would call me later about the chrono card.

I did not know an AD could request a replacement card from Omega. Is this a common thing? If they will do that, I would be happy to have it over with. If they do not offer to do it or tell me they can't get one, do I have recourse to demand my money back at that point?

I learned 1 thing for sure in this fiasco, if it doesn't feel right from the beginning, don't go through with it. I could tell right away when I was buying this watch that I knew more about it than the employees there. I had to explain to them how to tell the difference between an auto and a quartz...

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE