The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

A place which moderates with a light touch.

Re: A Strap/Clasp Suggestion for your Ericmaster... Posted By: Joe K. Date: 12/20/07 04:47:48 GMT

In Response To: A Strap/Clasp Suggestion for your Ericmaster... (Chicagoland Chuck Maddox)

"Smile... I knew what was coming when I got to that point on the olé iPhone!"

I have so far managed to stay away from one of those… Not easy considering I am a addict of anything made by Apple for the past 20 years…

The good news for you my friend is that MWSF is less than a month away. I fully expect there to be a 16g iPhone announced at the Keynote there and you might have the opportunity to have an iPhone I personally would lust after [even though I love my 8gig iPhone].

That's too funny. I always show my sister all of my new acquisitions too, and a lot of times she'll say "Don't you already have one of these" and I have to explain some subtile difference or distinction. But with some of them she'll say "I like that one... You keep on shuffling around my favorites list!"...

At one point I decided not to "bother" her with showing her a new acquisition. I think it was another Seamaster Bumper…. Sure enough, a few days later she mentions that she had not seen that one before. So I guess she can see the subtle differences, but does not admit it…..

Feined ignorance... I usually greet it with a [smirk]... =)

Joe, I've wanted to thank you for your participation here. We'd love to have more traffic here and we're working towards that goal, but we don't feel like it's friendly or gentlemanly to recruit or advertise, it's not neighborly.

Not a problem, I enjoy different venues. Each has its own character and as long as all the resources of the web are allowed to be used on the forum I enjoy posting. B

Cool, we try to be a place which moderates with a light hand. Hopefully that will be an attraction all of it's own!

TW- as I am sure you noticed by now, I will be using this forum to expand my HTML capabilities....

I have and I am at your service if I can be of any assistance I might be able to provide.

But I do have a suggestion for an alternative while you look for appropriate end pieces for your "Ericmaster [Blue]"... In fact, I have my 176.007 [Blue] on this combination...

Go to Ron Sabo's International Watchman site and take a gander at his "Quick Release XL Sharkskin Calf" straps...

Thanks for the link. I think I will try your suggestion.

I think you'll find it well worth the investment in time/money.

Cheers and Thanks again!

-- Chuck

Chuck Maddox

Watch Article Index: http://www.xnet.com/~cmaddox/cm3articles.html,
Watch Links Page: http://www.xnet.com/~cmaddox/watch.html,
Watch Blog: http://chuckmaddoxwatch.blogspot.com/.
Chronographs, like most finer things in life, only improve with time...

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE