The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
An open apology to everyone.

Hi All.
It is no secret that I am currently selling an awesome Carrera 12 on e-prey. As part of my auction I make it clear that I will end the auction early, take trades, cut a side deal, whatever... all those things that the e-prey vultures hate to see us informed consumers do.

Well within an hour of starting the auction I got an e-mail and then a call from a lady named Patty who said she has a 1950's Abercrombie & Fitch chrono and is interested in buying my Carrera to add to her Heuer collection.

A WOMAN collecting Heuers!!
Whoever heard of such a thing??

Then I asked her if she was familiar with OTD and when she answered no I am afraid I may have opened Pandoras box (no pun intended) by directing her to our little special slice of Heuer heaven.

After about two minutes of browsing she was beside herself with joy. I think I lost a sale because she starting seeing so many other great watches that mine was pretty much forgotten.

Now I know some of you guys have super cool wives who even suprise you with great watches but this lady is on a whole new level. She gets it, totally, like we do, I'm scared. Yes for now this is just one woman but we all know they have friends, and run in packs, and talk. God how they talk. Who knows what this could lead to?

I just hope that in the history books I am not known as the traitor who lead to the Feminization of OTD. The day when Ralf B's great pics are shot with lace doilies in the background or David D. starts buying fashion accessories to match the color dial of his Silverstones I promise to do the honorable (manly) thing and throw myself on my sword.

With Sincerest Regrets,
Mike

ps; Does anyone else think the small case of the Carrera 12 makes them look fat?

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE