The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
I'll Vote for the 5100
In Response To: 80's rivals *PIC* ()

I have 5100's and 7750's, and I'll vote for the 5100.

three advantages come to mind:

• having a large chrono minute hand on the center pinion, reading on the outer track of the dial, makes it far more legible than a small needle in a small register
  • the 24-hour display can sometimes be useful (setting the watch to AM or PM, for example)
  • the 5100 has a reputation for ruggedness (though I have never had a problem with the 7750 that I wear as my "beater -- running, yard-work, etc.)

interesting question; nice photos; thanks!!

Jeff

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: I love the submissions so far, excellent,
: especially Chuck's.

: I dont have many non-Heuers (actually only one)
: so it will have to be a rival movement/model
: from Heuer.

: Which one of these is your favourite?
: I'd have to go with the 5100, because of the
: cool "jet" hand, but it is pretty
: close.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE