The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: TAG-Heuer / P.T. & MORE, 4 cents
In Response To: TAG-Heuer / Pro-Time ()

:
: My experience has been that Pro Time (actually
: part of TAG-Heuer, which is part of LVMH) is
: the "gold standard" of service.
: They have best supply of parts; they have
: best factory-trained watchmakers; they stand
: behind their service; and, yes, they charge
: for what they do!!

: It's hard for me to imagine that any other
: watchmaker would be able to handle a repair
: if TAG-Heuer says that it can't be done.

: It would be great if people would use this
: Discussion Forum to recommend other
: qualified watchmakers / repair facilities,
: but at the moment, I do not know of any to
: recommend. The magic is often in having the
: parts on hand.

: Let us know what happens.

: Jeff Stein
: Atlanta, Georgia

: +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Hi Folks
for the most part I agree with Jeff.
But trully I can tell you, as other members of this BB. That P.T. not only does not have all the parts to our vintage Heuers, Thay also do not spend the time to match pushers on modern Tag Chronos. Now this may have changed in the last year or 2. But the pusher job was last years. *Its not hard to imagine if you deal with it over and over again..*
There are 3 posters here with stunning photos who Have gotton bezels for old GMTs (NOS) when P.T has said for years "none". Also retired wonderful P.T. folks have also not been able to get them.
I know the person who still had them and I did not charge for them. I just gave them the info.
What I am saying is sometimes shops, Who Ever Thay are do not want to do things. Takes time and most production repair shops dont deal with it. Thay have 500 other $300.00+ jobs waiting on the line... Try and get them to do a spilt timer in any time frame. Thay get sent away. (Not fixed in the USA) and may never come back to the USA in some cases.

The Swiss watch world is very small and most of the guys who worked the the Buss in the 70s who are still kicking Know who may have what.
Just like car guys and so meny other venues.
I am not looking for work but there are more than a few services done for locales on this BB with rave reviews... search is your friend.
1 thing I tell folks is DO NOT KEEP Thanking me untell you get your watch back. So be kind, but firm when you tell the watchmaker what you need the 1st time.
The look in your face tells me what I needed to know when you see your watch again. Then after a few weeks you can call tell me NOW how you like it..... and thank you.

I am not sure it would be a good thing to recommend other
: qualified watchmakers / repair facilities to post ,, As in the past it seemed there would also be some folks with a chip and it gets posted and is on there record for ever.
There are newbes who dont know you have to wind a watch..... and complain like crazy in public. and then thay find out "oh I didnt Know"
Hummm
my 4 cents
Thanks for the time folks.
PSB

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE