The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Fantastic!! This Will Be Saved as a Blog Posting!!

Thanks Jeff for your kind words, much appreciated...

My intention was not explain how to service it (this is only the first step, and I can guarantee is easier to disassemble it rather than putting everything on place, for this reason servicing a chronograph is so expensive if well done) but only to show, for the curious collectors, how their beautiful Siffert is done inside and try to understand more about some typical problems that this movement usually could have (e.g. for replacing the cannon pinion of the 200/1 large driving wheel when the watch loses time you have to dismantle half a watch, so the watchmaker can be justified to suggest you a full service because a great part of the job is the same)...

Anyway I'm not a pro but a rookie (even if the few watches I serviced keep time perfectly and work as they should) so would be great if some pro could add some know-how to this post... but we all know that this is an art and every watchmaker is (correctly) a bit jealous of his little secrets...

All my best.

Gianluca

: Fantastic posting . . . let's save as a blog posting, for the
: whole world to see!! [As a blog posting, it will be easier to
: update / revise, should you want to do so.]

: Jeff

: ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: :

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE