The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Andreas, if you bothered to read my initial post

You would see that The only reason I brought up the Holes in the Uppermost links on the Omega Bracelet is because you guys are the first to start bashing Rolex On their Holes in the case...I just found it Ironic that you all can point fingers at Rolex for having holes in their cases, when Omega does Nearly the same thing.

And when I said Rolex is functional, I was just saying that One could Argue that they at one time served a Purpose, where the holes on The Omega do not, at least I dont think they do unless they are vital to some part of the manufacturing Process.

Also the Crown on the Omega SMP and the GMT are Exactly the same, the only Difference is the Ugly Crown Guard on the GMT which almost wraps around the crown making it harder to Unscrew.

When I said the Crown Was less substantial on the SMP I was comparing the SMP to a SUB not a GMT II, the GMT II has a Smaller Twin Lock Crown on it Similar to that of the Datejust whereas the Sub has a Trip Lock Crown which is much more Substantial. Both the case Tubes on the Twin and Trip Lock crowns IMHO are much more substantial than that on the SMP, but that might be seen as subjective, maybe I can take some pictures of the Omega vs. My Datejust Crown as a reference.

LOL too funny.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE