The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Re: Seamaster Vs James Bond Seamaster

: I agree, it doesn't sound very limitted at all.

When I bought mine, I didn't think it was very limited either at 10,007 units. I expected it would take years to sell out and had no thought of it ever being considered an "investment." But in a few months, they were, in fact, sold out and the prices, when you can find one, have gone up $500-$750 more than what I paid for mine. I guess the market knew more than either of us.

The little 007s on the face are no more overdone than all the little waves on the face of the regular SMPs. I have to tell you that when I first saw the waves, I thought they looked cheesey...even cheap. You see, the first Seamaster I saw was the 007 LE. Now, several months have passed, I've been assimilated, and I now love the waves (I have a quartz stainless now and a Ti Chronograph on the way). But I still like the 007s on the LE also. They're the same idea (decoration...since they have no actual function) but executed a little differently.

rambo

Messages In This Thread

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE