The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Here's mine .....
In Response To: Today is WHEW day !! ()

Hi Guys,

This is an auction that I was watching & found pretty interesting...

It's for a flightmaster. ( well , sort of )

Lets put some of these pics "next to" my watch. Auction pictures are on the left.

So you can instantly see 2 things.

1, the centre second hand is wrong. It should just be a "big Orange triangle" - That's no big deal.

2, The case has been heavily modified.

At first I just thought that just the ends had been removed from the case. See the "ends" of the case the following pic... I think I can see some flightmaster lines still in there... See that little "kink" in the edge ?

Now look at the "edge" running above the pushers...

Now compare the pics. It looks ( to me ) like there is a LOT more curve on the flightmaster case than on the "auction" case.

I'm not sure you can grind metal off the "normal" flightmaster case & make the auction case.

Could the auction case be from another model ? Sure, that's a possibility. A MK II could have been used, but you'd have to modify it to have crowns on the left. & fit a rotating inner bezel in it. ( I'm not sure how feasable that is ) Most other similar shaped cases, have a puck type system to hold the movement in. So that rules them out.

I don't have a comparison pic, but the back of the case ( NOT the case back , the actual back side of the case itself ) has a very similar shape to the flightmaster, So I would rule out a modified MK II case.

I really can't decide wehether this is a modified flightmaster case of a "one-off" ( prototype ? ).

I have to admit, though. I like it !

What do you think ?

S.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE