The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Buy it from a different store!!!

After this incident, don't waste your time dealing with them. If you enjoy the sport of giving a hard time to arrogant and ignorant managers and sales reps, this looks like the ideal place to practice.

I am sure there are several dealers in Stockholm who will gladly get you whatever watch you want. AFAIK, in the markets I'm familiar with, all NEW watches should have the red dot. But even this red dot is no substitute for buying from someone you can trust and who treats you RESPECTFULLY. The famous red dot comes of rather easily if the watch is washed with a brush, is polished or opened, but this shouldn't be the case with a NEW watch. You also have to consider that this little dot can be forged rather easily by a sophisticated unscrupulous dealer.

Good luck with your NEW watch.

Messages In This Thread

Red dot and seal back on Omega!!?!
No dot is alarming, but dial color is ok (more)
Buy it from a different store!!!
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE