The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Re: Tuning fork Omegas
In Response To: Re: Tuning fork Omegas ()

: Thanks John S. Since my earlier cry for help, I
: have bought the two watches that were for
: sale from www.brittons-watches.co.uk ! How's
: that for impulse buying! And I am not a
: collector, just fancied up-dating my Omegas.

: They are still shown on that website and are
: watches nos. 596 and 1271 if you are
: interested. Are either of yours the same
: models (assuming yours are Omegas)?

: I read that Max Hetzel moved from Bulova to
: Omega and improved on the Accutrons he had
: invented and thus the Omegas came into
: being. There are two websites relating to
: Accutrons (you probably know them already)
: http://members.iinet.net.au/~fotoplot/acc.htm
: and www.elektron.demon.co.uk/accutron.html .
: Probably there are others. I am delighted
: with my hummers! and thanks for your
: enthusiasm! Derek D

Hi Derek:

Impulse buying is part of the Omega affliction which has no known cure.

I took a look...those are very nice watches indeed. I like the 70's style cases. I've got a Seamaster with a 24 jewel mechanical movement that is styled much like the ones you bought.

My hummers have an intergrated bracelet...a screw passes through the lugs to secure it. One has a deep blue dial with all stainless case and is a Constellation Chonometer model. The other has a gold dial with gold accented case and bracelet and is a Seamaster Chronometer model. The case styling is somewhat different from the pillow cases, with the lugs having a concave curve rather than the convex rounded look.

Have you received the watches yet?

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE