The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: That is a truly shocking watch! *PIC*

: However I am not particularly enamoured myself
: with 'Re Issues' although some are great (64
: Carrera for one) but I would prefer a new
: watch to have its own identity and if it is
: vintage in styling then ok as the re issues
: are just watch companies being lazy.

Alistair
I agree, but I was setting the bar really low.
Not "would I buy this watch with the hard earned money I've been saving for a vintage Siffert (hint hint)?"
But "would I wear it if I won it as a door prize?"
Sure, I'd rather have a real one than a reissue. But the reissues are very nice watches and I could understand why someone would want one.
In the vintage inspired dept, the blackface Monacos are very slick in a Man in Black (Johnny Cash, not Wil Smith) kind of way. And the modern Monza is just about as attractive as any Heuer ever. ( but why exactly is that bottom register round?)
But some of these other modern TAGs? Ugh. Rolex never made anything that fugly.
I guess I've got an awful lot of opinions for a guy who doesn't actually own a Heuer. (Yet?)
best
Allen

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE