The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: !!! THEFT - Heuer Daytona has been STOLEN !!!

So Package was delivered at around 09:05am on thursday 22th at the buyers neighbour, a 88-year old woman. The neighbour handed the package to the buyer at 08:00pm when he returned back home from work. In my eyes UPS already made a serious mistake here.

I hear nothing from the buyer untill 08:33am friday 23th. I receive a message from PayPal that the money has been blocked. So, the buyer did not contacted me first but warned PayPal and UPS BEFORE he contacted me!?

The buyer then asks me to give him phonecall but due to circumstances (I was also furious at that point) I was not able to do so in the morning and planned to do so in the afternoon around 4:00pm after I contacted UPS myself and I was back home from a fair. Unlucky enough my wife and I had a serious car-accident on the highway so I was not able to contact UPS in ths issue and also not the buyer.
An accident never comes alone as you know.

I received this message from buyer friday 23th at 02:20pm
Just contacted UPS and asked them when they would be collecting empty box again.
There is some good news, apparently UPS scan parcels during transit (barcode and x-ray) therefore they should be able to tell us where the item disappeared. The weight of the parcel is shown as 1 kilo, well it was certainly not 1 kilo when it arrived.
What a pain in the butt!

Here is another of the messages of the buyer wherein he tells me the package has only one brown line of tape on the bottom of the package...he opened it elsewhere. I only used clear tape when packing it;
Abel. Here is the parcel I collected from my next door neighbour Doris yesterday evening. I opened it from the top as you can see. There is brown tape on the bottom. Did you seal it with brown tape? Regards

Pictures of package. These pictures are taken by the buyer after he opened the package;

Buyer also opened a claim with the police, here some more details;
For your reference the police crime reference number is:

Reported to Enfield Police Station
23rd 01 09 at 19:30

Crime reference number is:
CHS12543230109

So, this is all I know right now. I also filed a claim with UPS and ofcourse I'll have to contact PayPal too. I only hope watch will be found and justice will prevail. I feel really frustrated about this. Also PayPal seems to be very tricky with these things! I, as a seller did (and will do) everything what is in my reach to do right. I sent with UPS, fully insured to avoid trouble...and now suddenly my money has been blocked...really frustrating that is.

So, I really appreaciate all the help here on this forum, thanks!

Best regards,
Abel.

: Good that we see the caseback numbers......why is there a picture
: of the box unopened with brown tape? surley its unusual to take
: pictures of a box before you open it? please keep us updated
: with any news.
: nic

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE