The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Monzas
In Response To: Re: Monzas ()

: I'm not sure there is any premium for the "Heuer" only
: version- yet. As well as being nice because it only has Heuer on
: the dial. I think this first version of the watch is the nicest
: looking- has the cleanest dial without the Monza name.

: The watch has a high-shine finish on the sides and a brushed finish
: around the case. If you're fussy, you may find that most second
: hand versions with had marks on the high-shine finish- its quite
: easy to mark.

: Whether this watch will ever turn out to be an investment, only
: time will tell. But I would bet that if it does, it will be the
: "Heuer" only model that will be worth more.

David

Thats really useful and i appreciate you taking the time to respond in such detail.

My hunch (as i said elsewhere) is that it will, its just that 10 years isn't long enough for it to gain the kind of cult following that "products" need. It's always best to be able to combine something you like with taking a punt on the future value.

Now its just a choice of white or black then and deciding on the upper price limit!

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE