The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Agreed: No Suggestion That They Are Selling This High

Agreed. I am not suggesting that these watches are selling at the crazy (high) prices, only that the new listing technique seems to involve:
  • taking an ordinary Viceroy with the usual dings and scratches,
  • shooting some mediocre photos,
  • writing a very brief description (that will include the phrase, "near NOS"), and
  • setting the opening bid price at $2,850.
What happens next is more difficult to follow. Maybe someone comes along and buys it for $1,400, but it is a real eye-opener to see some of the listings (over the past couple of weeks). I am not suggesting a shift in the "fair market values" of the Heuers, only seeing a new style of listing them.

Jeff

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: Jeff

: Most of these items are not selling. Only realistic prices are
: finding buyers so would assume its irrational plus people
: chancing their arms. Whist there will always be people who
: undersell there wll be far more who over egg prices the other
: way...

: If you contact anyone about Monacos especially people dont realise
: that £5k is only attainable for very good ones but many seem to
: think even poor ones should be worth that.

: No doubt when the guides updated theyll want £6k for em!

: Rich

: Is it just me, or are we seeing some really crazy high asking

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE